If you were born with thin lips or your lips have turned thinner or started to droop because of aging, lip fillers can help you achieve fuller, more voluptuous lips. Here at Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, our expert injectors are pleased to perform a lip augmentation for patients in the Atlanta area.
When one thinks about a beautiful lip on a face it should not be the first thing that you see when a person is walking toward you. The lips should be subtle to fit your face. So, not everyone needs to have “duck lips.” At Premier Image we take lip fillers on a patient by patient basis and analyze what is right for the individual along with listening and understanding what each one would like their lips to look like. We also want to make sure it is going to fit your face. We build a plan that is customized for you so that the end results are having the lips you always wanted.
Lip Fillers – Dr. Louis DeJoseph, Atlanta Georgia
- Types of Injections Used in Lip Filler
- Benefits of Lip Fillers
- Good Candidates for Lip Filler
- Before and After Photos
- Questions to Ask Before Opting for Lip Fillers
- Preparing for Lip Augmentation
- The Lip Filler Procedure
- Recovering from Lip Fillers
- Frequently Asked Questions About Lip Fillers
- Patient Reviews
- Why Choose Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
- Schedule a Consultation at Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
Types of Injections Used in Lip Filler
Lip fillers, also known as a lip augmentation; can be divided into structure injections and volume injections. While a structure injection adds shape to the edges of the lip, a volume injection adds more size to the entire lip. At Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, we use hyaluronic acid dermal fillers to help patients achieve the full, youthful lips they desire.
Benefits of Lip Fillers
Our goal is to add definition and symmetry to lips and smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles that surround the mouth. Patients who trust our Atlanta facility with their lip filler can enjoy these benefits:
- Instant Results: Although lip fillers do not lead to permanent results, patients can see an improvement of their lips in just one session. The effects of this procedure can last up to a year.
- Less Downtime: Patients who lead busy lives can undergo lip filler without spending days recovering. Since the procedure only takes 15 to 20 minutes, patients can schedule it during their lunch break or before or after work.
- Control Over Lip Volume: We do not believe in one size fits all lip augmentation. Our providers will be in complete control over how much filler needs to be injected so patients can receive the ideal shape for them.
- Natural Results: In addition to instant results, lip filler procedures at our facility lead to natural results. Patients can expect their lips to look plump and youthful and won’t have to worry about a fake look.
- Greater Confidence: Nice lips and an attractive smile can improve a patient’s appearance and help them feel younger and more confident.
Good Candidates for Lip Filler
Lip fillers are typically appealing to women who are displeased with the size and shape of their lips and hope to achieve a fuller smile. Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery recommends this procedure to anyone who would like to:
- Add volume to lips that are naturally thin
- Restore volume to lips that have thinned with age
- Refine the shape of thin or flat lips
- Improve symmetry between the upper and lower lips
- Smooth out fine lines and wrinkles that surround the mouth
Questions to Ask Before Opting for Lip Fillers
Every patient has a different idea on the perfect lips. Prior to scheduling a lip augmentation and visiting our office for a private consultation, there are certain questions patients should ask themselves. These questions include:
- What kind of look do I desire?
- Would I like my lips to look larger and more filled in?
- Do I want to define the edge of my lips?
The answers to these questions can help us understand what type of results patients are seeking and allow us to design a completely customized treatment.
Preparing for Lip Augmentation
Preparing for lip augmentation is easy. Patients will need to avoid medications and supplements that thin the blood as taking them can lead to excessive bleeding or bruising. Those who smoke should stop at least a few weeks prior to the procedure since smoking can impair recovery and hinder the appearance of new lips.
The Lip Filler Procedure
Lip injections at Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery are performed in our Atlanta office with minimal preparation and barely any downtime. To ensure you’re comfortable throughout the treatment, we’ll apply a numbing cream to the lip area. Then, one of our skilled injection specialists will carefully and strategically inject the filler. This entire procedure usually takes less than an hour.
Recovering from Lip Fillers
Fortunately, recovering from lip fillers is a breeze. Most Atlanta area patients can return to their everyday activities right after the procedure. They won’t need any bandages or downtime. If they notice any bruising or swelling, they should know that it will only last a few days. During this time, it’s best for patients to refrain from touching or rubbing their lips.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lip Fillers
The lips are considered one of the most delicate facial features. Unlike skin, our lips are comprised of the same tissue that can be found on the inside of our mouth. Since the surface of the lips do not have any skin cells, they cannot hold moisture and are susceptible to dehydration.
The lips also feature less melanin (the pigment that gives us color) than skin and are at an increased risk of photo aging and sunburn as a result. This destroys the collagen, which is responsible for making the lips look plump. Smoking, repeated sipping, and other lifestyle habits can cause the lips to look even thinner.
Of course, the answer to this question varies from person to person. However, most people would agree that the ideal lip has these characteristics:
• A nicely shaped Cupid’s bow (The Cupid’s bow is the outline of the upper lip, including the two peaks below the nose)
• Distinct borders
• Philtral columns that are well-defined
• Corners that are neutral or turned up slightly
• A lower lip that is about 30% larger than the upper lip
After a lip filler procedure, patients can expect immediate results. However, there may be some swelling so it’s important to wait a few days to see full results.
Restylane Silk is the first product specifically created for lip filler. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid and perfect for adding volume to the lips without making them look fake.
Just like all treatments, lip filler comes with risks. The main ones are redness and swelling at the site of the injection and mild bruising that can easily be concealed with some makeup or lipstick.
Since lip injections are made with Hyaluronic Acid, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body, they are completely safe.
One of the greatest benefits of lip injections is that they are completely customizable. Whether a patient is hoping for natural looking results, a very dramatic change, or anything in-between, we’ll make it happen.
Since injections are used, patients may experience slight discomfort when undergoing lip augmentation.
Since our injections do not lead to permanent results, we encourage patients to visit us for a follow up treatment about every nine to twelve months or so or when they notice that their lips are losing fullness.
The majority of our patients love the fuller, more attractive lips that Restylane delivers and maintain them. However, if a patient is not pleased with their results for any reason, the lip fillers can completely dissolve as if the treatment never happened.
Louis, My lips are Beautiful! And no pain! Thanks so much, again!
Why Choose Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
When it comes to lip fillers in Atlanta, you can’t go wrong with Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery. We take great pride in building positive relationship with our patients and pledge to provide you with the ongoing, personalized care you deserve.
We truly believe that this type of partnership between our patients can lead to a life of beauty and confidence. When you select Premier Image for your lip filler procedure, you will never feel rushed and can trust us to be there for you before, during, and after it.
One of the most popular dermal fillers for lip augmentation is Restylane. They are formulated with lidocaine, which is specifically approved by the FDA for the rejuvenation of the lips and lines that surround the mouth. Restylane is also made from long chains of sugars that can be naturally found in the skin and can be molded and shaped into the ideal contour following injection.
Schedule a Consultation at Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery
Are you interested in creating volume in your lips and reducing the lines and wrinkles around your mouth? If so, you owe it to yourself to reach out to Premier Image Cosmetic and Laser Surgery and schedule a private lip filler consultation.
We’ll be happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have, share before and after pictures of real patients, and provide you with more details on our lip filler procedure. Contact us today at (770) 457-6303 or toll free at (888) 455-FACE. We look forward to meeting you!