- 3,181,592: Number of BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments administered in the United States in 2006 alone [i].
- 1,000,000s: People who received treatment with BOTOX® for medical and aesthetic purposes
around the world [ii].
- 300,000: Number of men who received treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic in 2006 [iii].
- 10,000: People in clinical trials [iv].
- 3,000: Publications on Botulinum Toxin Type A in scientific and medical journals [v].
- 100: Years of study into botulinum neurotoxins [vi].
- 97: Percentage of people satisfied with their BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment based on a survey of approximately 1,000 patients [vii].
- 75: Countries around the world who have approved use of BOTOX®.
- 20: BOTOX® indications approved by regulatory authorities around the world, including the aesthetic indication.
- 18: Years since U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved BOTOX® to treat excessive eye blinking and crossed eyes.
- 11: Descriptor for the glabellar (vertical) lines between the brows which can be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic, that can help improve one’s overall facial appearance.
- 8: Years since FDA approval of BOTOX® for the treatment of cervical dystonia (painful neck twisting condition) in adults.
- 6: Years since FDA approval of BOTOX® Cosmetic for the treatment of the moderate to severe glabellar (vertical) lines between the brows in adults 18 to 65.
- 4: Years since FDA approval of BOTOX® for the treatment of severe primary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating) inadequately managed with topical agents.
- 1: Rank of BOTOX® Cosmetic on list of “Top 5 Surgical & Nonsurgical Physician Administered Cosmetic Procedures,” [viii] according to American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
[i] American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Quick Facts https://www.surgery.org/download/2006stats.pdf
[ii] Allergan press release “Allergan, Inc Responds to Public Citizen’s Allegation Regarding a Fatality Following BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatment” 01/25/08.
[iii] American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Quick Facts https://www.surgery.org/download/2006stats.pdf
[iv] Allergan press release “Allergan, Inc Comments on BOTOX® (Botulinum Toxin Type A) Safety Profile” Released 01/24/08.
[v] BOTOX® History and Development Fact Sheet, updated 01.04.08.
[vi] BOTOX® History and Development Fact Sheet, updated 01.04.08.
[vii] Aesthetic Surgery Education & Research Foundation press release “First-of-its-kind Survey Finds That BOTOX Cosmetic has Gone Mainstream” Released 04/28/06.
[viii] American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Top 5 Surgical & Nonsurgical Cosmetic Procedures